Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Wrapping up May and kicking off June

I turned the big 25 on May 31st!   Matt helped me have a great day.  It was kind of like I had a couple days of celebration, because we went up to Cumming to visit Chad and Hillery and the kids on Memorial Day.  We went swimming with them in their neighborhood pool, which felt amazing since it has been so blasted hot here!  We then went bowling (in the black light portion) and had some pizza.  Matt made me a delicious birthday cake as well.  





On my actual birthday I went to camp for the day.  I am involved with the Young Women group at my church, where I do activities and lessons with the girls 12-18.  Every summer they have Girl's Camp, which is a week long adventure of camp stuff and spiritual stuff.  I loved it when I was in YW, so it is fun to go as a leader.  I couldn't be there all week because school started up again on Wednesday.  But I did get to spend most of my birthday there.  Then I came home and Matt and I went out to eat.

So now school is back in session.  I can already tell it is going to be a lot of work because our reading assignments are huge!  Plus we are in the lab a ton these first couple weeks.  I learned how to administer IV medication this week.  Pretty cool stuff.  


On Thursday night, my aunt Cathy invited us over to her house for dinner since my uncle Don, and cousins Trevor and Carley were all there.  More birthday fun!!  We had delicious grilled ribs and chicken, corn, rolls, watermelon, and homemade blackberry pie (everything was amazing so I can't leave anything out!).  SO good, and so nice of them to have us over.  We also played a game after called Bezzerwizzer.  I'd never heard of it but it was really fun.  It is kind of like Trivial Pursuit, but not ridiculously hard.  I want to play it again!!!

On Friday after school I went back to Girl's camp for the final activities.  These girls and leaders are awesome.  It is such a blessing to get to work with people who are striving to serve others and follow God.  These girls are examples to me.  Love them!



2 comments: